I love this new style of cake decorating because it is so versatile. It can say whatever you want it to say (simply print out your own stencil) and while I guess it is meant for cakes, it can make almost anything just that much more special – from a cake to a terrarium.
So, watch my super nerdy video, have yourself a nice little crafternoon and tell Yo Mama you love her.
Here are some ideas of what to dress up with your DIY Cake Bunting:
- Funfetti Cake – the obvious choice for any celebration
- Breakfast in Bed – Oatmeal Raisin Scones, Fig & Mascarpone Scones, or Lemon & Rosemary Scones – clearly I have a thing for scones (don’t you?)
- A Terrarium from Adore in NYC – I can’t keep one alive to save my life but your Mom kept you alive so…
- Vacherin – one of my Mom’s signature desserts that once warm weather comes I get as much as I can
cake bunting tools:
- color paper – a thicker construction or craft paper is best
- pretty string – really anything works here, I like a natural twine with a fancy metallic swirl
- two skewers (or something similar)
- exacto knife or scissors – i like the exacto knife to get those pesky center cutouts but its not like i am creating a masterpiece so scissors would probably get the job done
- cutting matt or thick cardboard – apparently the cutting matts you get at art supply stores are “self healing” – I mean that is crazy! why can’t I be self healing!!?
- stencil printout – find a type you like that is bold and pretty – go wild!