Super easy, super tasty, super healthy, and yes perfect for the Super Bowl!
ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA
1 pound Tomatillos
1 yellow onion, cut into rough pieces
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Move your oven rack to the top and turn on the broiler.
- Remove tomatillo husks. Place on a baking sheet along with the roughly cut onion. Halve jalapeños and remove stem and seeds, then add to baking sheet.
- Blister and char tomatillo, jalapeno and onion under the broiler – keep an eye on them, the timing really depends on your oven and you may need to move the pan around for even charring.
- Working in batches (depending on the size of your food processor), puree charred items along with cider vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.