This recipe is so simple. Make it and make someone happy.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 4 zucchini
- 1 lb pasta*
- 2-3 tbl olive oil
- ½ cup / 4oz Parmigiano Regiano, grated
- ½ cup / 4oz Gruyere, grated
- salt and pepper
- Cut each zucchini into pieces that are roughly the same size and shape of your pasta. You can prepare the zucchini a day or two in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, tossing in a generous amount of salt. Cook the pasta according to the label - i like to go with the lowest number in the given range so that the pasta comes out of the water slightly al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the zucchini, a large pinch of salt and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the zucchini to just begin to cook on the outside while maintaining its refreshing snap on the inside.
- Stir in both cheeses and the cooked pasta. Season with salt and lots of black pepper. Serve immediately.
* I use Gemelli pasta for this because i really like the zucchini cut in this way - it cooks beautifully and does not fall apart. If you can't find gemelli or want to use something else there is no law against it, just cut your zucchini to match the pasta's shape.