I decided to make this winter salad on a whim yesterday, mostly because I needed to get up from my computer before I threw it out the window. Some of you might have noticed an issue with the site earlier this week – and by issue I mean complete meltdown implosion disaster. Caused by yours truly! Its amazing how easy it is to wreak havoc (like innocently trying to add a snazzy font) and how not easy it is to fix things (oh only 6 hours). And that was just the first shutdown. Yeah it happened again about 12 hours later. And lets be clear on what my skill set is here…NOT coding or anything computer related thats for sure. I just like to cook.
So I am sorry for any errors you have found – I am still working on getting the “kitchen guides” section organized so stand by on that. Please feel free to let me know if some problem keeps coming and I will try my best not to kill the site again. Deal? Ok cool. Glad we had this chat, I needed to vent a little.
- 2-3 lb sweet potatoes (or use a mixture of potatoes for contrast)
- 2-3 tbl olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp za'atar*
- a few handfuls of salad greens (I like arugula and mustard greens for their peppery kick)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes out onto a sheet pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until easily pierced with a knife.
- While he potatoes cook, whisk tahini paste, lemon juice, minced garlic and za'atar together - if it seems too thick you can add a dash of water. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are done toss with greens and just enough dressing to lightly coat everything.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of dressing on top.